16th Annual Women In Leadership Luncheon
September 28, 2018 at the Town and Country Resort Hotel – San Diego
The 16th Annual Women In Leadership Luncheon (WILL) will be held at the Town and Country Hotel in Mission Valley on Friday, September 28th from 11:30am – 2:00pm.
- Tickets: $75 per person
- Tables of (10) are available for $750
- Sponsorship opportunities available! (see below)
Notable women throughout the region will be recognized at the event and the most outstanding nominees will be selected as the 2018 WILL Awardees. Nominees are San Diego County residents who have demonstrated exemplary character, integrity and outstanding leadership, not only in their field, but in their community. Previous awardees include Gaslamp Quarter entrepreneur Ingrid Croce; District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis; prominent San Diego businesswoman, Patti Roscoe; CEO of Girl Scouts San Diego, Jo Dee Jacob; and San Diego’s former First Lady, Rana Sampson. It will be an event to remember, recognizing new awardees who have made a lasting impact in our community.
Awardees will be announced at the luncheon and all nominees will be recognized.
Nominations for the 2018 Women in Leadership Awards are now open:
Congratulations to our 2017 awardees:
- Michele Tarbet Awardee: Bonnie Rush, President of Breast Imaging Specialists
- Michelle Bergquist, Co-founder and CEO, Connected Women of Influence
- Marla Black, President/Chief Executive Officer of Junior Achievement of San Diego County
- Kristine Costa, Public Sector Account Executive, Waste Management, Inc.
- Martha King, Co-Founder of King Schools
- Wendy McKinney, Chief Development Officer, American Red Cross of San Diego and Imperial Counties
- Barbara Ryan, Vice President of Government Affairs at Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego
- Van Tran, Nursing Supervisor, Sharp Grossmont Hospital
We are proud to announce our keynote speaker:
Fanny Miller, CEO & President of El Latino Newspaper
Fanny Miller is the CEO & President of El Latino Newspaper in San Diego, the number 1 Hispanic Newspaper in San Diego and the largest Spanish-language newspaper owned by a Latina in California.
Ms. Miller founded El Latino in 1988 to serve the news and information needs of the San Diego Hispanic Community. El Latino has more than 806,000 monthly readers. El Latino is a trusted brand that seeks to contribute to the success and well being of Hispanics in San Diego County.
Fanny Miller has been recognized numerous times by the community and national organizations for her achievement in Hispanic publishing and business. Some of Fanny Miller’s recognitions include:
- Hispanic Heritage Award in the Business category – Assembly member Shirley N. Weber
- Women Who Mean Business – San Diego Business Journal
- Entrepreneur of the Year – San Diego Magazine
- Hispanic Marketing Lifetime Achievement Award — San Diego AD Club
Sponsorships Available for the 2018 Women in Leadership Luncheon: WILL SPONSOR OPPORTUNITIES
Thank you to our 2018 WILL Sponsors:
Thank you for your Support!
Questions? Contact Event Director, Rosemary Reed: email@example.com / 619-440-6161