San Diego East County Homeless Task Force
- Thanks to the Cities of East County and the County of San Diego for their support.
- Special thanks to the 200+ Volunteers who have helped to create and organize efforts with the East County Homeless Task Force.
- We are working with Homeless service providers, law enforcement, community leaders, churches and all sectors of the community to solve homelessness and related problems
- East County Homeless Task Force Strategic Plan 2017-2019
Mission: “To develop solutions to homelessness problems by working collaboratively with all sectors of our communities.”
Vision: We will improve our communities by effectively dealing with homeless issues.
- Development of a short and long range Strategic Plan
- Bringing together all sectors of the community to tackle Homelessness
- Ten Project Teams are continuing to meet and develop action plans with innovative ideas
- Chamber providing updates for each city and the County in East County
- Coordinating with the San Diego County Homeless Regional Task Force
Where can you donate to help support services who help with Homelessness in East County?
- Crisis House – 922 S Sunshine Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020 – (619) 444-1194
- East County Transitional Living Center – 1527 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92021 Phone: (619) 442-0457
- Salvation Army – East County Division – 1011 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92021 Phone: (619) 440-4683
- Your Local Church or directly to the Interfaith Shelter Network
- San Diego East County Chamber Foundation – Homeless Task Force (619) 440-6161
Help for Businesses:
Anti Pan-Handling Marketing Program – Contact us if you would like a poster!
Store Retail Window Posters Proposed City Signs
Top Ten Things you can do to reduce homelessness impacts on your business
- Don’t sell alcohol, to homeless
- Clear away any shrubbery that homeless are frequenting and replace with drought tolerant plants that eliminate hiding places
- Ensure you have Bright Lighting & Security Cameras in all areas around your business
- Keep windows clear of posters so staff can see what is going on outside
- Put Locks and Cages around all outside trash containers
- Give a homeless person small jobs to do to help your business and they can help keep other homeless away
- Help get homeless into housing by being sure they go to Crisis House in El Cajon to fill out a SPDAT Survey which will get them started on the path to recovery
- Hire a Security Guard with other nearby business tenants to help reduce vagrancy
- Put up anti-Panhandling posters that explain how to support non-profit services instead of giving to the homeless (Can be provided by the Task Force)
- In any emergency situation Call 911 and contact the police or fire department, for more information about a variety of homeless services Call 211
East County Homeless Task Force – Self-Directed Project Teams and Chairs:
Team 1: Marketing – Andrew Lower, RBG Investments , email@example.com
Team 2: Data Collection – Stacy Mackey, XL Staffing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Team 3: Homeless Contact Teams – Jack Micklos, Crisis House , email@example.com
Team 4: Access to Services – Carol Lewis, El Cajon Collaborative, firstname.lastname@example.org
Team 5: Reunification Program – Capt. Sean Kelsey , East County – Salvation Army, email@example.com
Team 6: Shelters – Temporary through Long -Term Housing, Anna Marie Piconi Snyder, Our Lady of Grace Church, firstname.lastname@example.org
Team 7: Dealing with Mental Illness – Charity White-Voth, San Diego County Mental Health, Charity.White-Voth@sdcounty.ca.gov
Team 8: Law Enforcement & Related Issues , Sgt. Greg Robertson , El Cajon Police Department, email@example.com
Team 9: Helping Homeless Youth, Jordan Lancaster, firstname.lastname@example.org
ECHTF Steering Committee – (Was Team 10: Task Force Management Structure) , Bob Burton, Dominion Financial services, bburton@DominionFinancial.net
If you are interested in volunteering, and want to participate just call 619-440-6161 and ask to join a San Diego East County Homeless Task Force team!