San Diego East County Homeless Task Force
- Thanks to the Cities of East County and the County of San Diego for their support.
- Special thanks to the 200+ Volunteers who have helped to create and organize efforts with the East County Homeless Task Force.
- We are working with Homeless service providers, law enforcement, community leaders, churches and all sectors of the community to solve homelessness and related problems
- East County Homeless Task Force Strategic Plan 2017-2019
Mission: “To develop solutions to homelessness problems by working collaboratively with all sectors of our communities.”
Vision: We will improve our communities by effectively dealing with homeless issues.
- Development of a short and long range Strategic Plan
- Bringing together all sectors of the community to tackle Homelessness
- Ten Project Teams are continuing to meet and develop action plans with innovative ideas
- Chamber providing updates for each city and the County in East County
- Coordinating with the San Diego County Homeless Regional Task Force
Where can you donate to help support services who help with Homelessness in East County?
- Crisis House – 922 S Sunshine Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020 – (844) 827-2669
- East County Transitional Living Center – 1527 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92021 Phone: (619) 442-0457
- Salvation Army – East County Division – 1011 E Main St, El Cajon, CA 92021 Phone: (619) 440-4683
- Your Local Church or directly to the Interfaith Shelter Network
- San Diego East County Chamber Foundation – Homeless Task Force
Help for Businesses:
Anti Pan-Handling Marketing Program – Contact us if you would like a poster!
Store Retail Window Posters Proposed City Signs
Top Ten Things you can do to reduce homelessness impacts on your business
- Don’t sell alcohol, to homeless
- Clear away any shrubbery that homeless are frequenting and replace with drought tolerant plants that eliminate hiding places
- Ensure you have Bright Lighting & Security Cameras in all areas around your business
- Keep windows clear of posters so staff can see what is going on outside
- Put Locks and Cages around all outside trash containers
- Give a homeless person small jobs to do to help your business and they can help keep other homeless away
- Help get homeless into housing by being sure they go to Crisis House in El Cajon to fill out a SPDAT Survey which will get them started on the path to recovery
- Hire a Security Guard with other nearby business tenants to help reduce vagrancy
- Put up anti-Panhandling posters that explain how to support non-profit services instead of giving to the homeless (Can be provided by the Task Force)
- In any emergency situation Call 911 and contact the police or fire department, for more information about a variety of homeless services Call 211
Task Force – Self Directed Project Teams:
Team 1: Marketing
Team 2: Data Collection
Team 3: Homeless Contact Teams
Team 4: Access to Services
Team 5: Reunification Program
Team 6: Shelters, Temporary through Long-term housing
Team 7: Dealing with Mental Illness
Team 8: Law Enforcement & Related Issues
Team 9: Helping Homeless Youth
ECHTF Steering Committee – (Was Team 10: Task Force Management Structure)
If you are interested in volunteering, and want to participate just call 619-440-6161 and ask to join a Homeless Task Force team!