Home Relocating and Business Relocating
San Diego is a great place to live and do business. There is a reason it is called “America’s Finest City”. Here is relocation advice for how to relocate to San Diego smoothly and efficiently, and valuable resources to have at your fingertips.
This section includes the following information and resources:
- How to relocate your home
- Office relocation and business moving
- Planning and budgeting for the move
- Cost of living in San Diego
- The San Diego job market
- The housing market in San Diego
- Hot deals, coupons, and discounts
- Where to get a relocation package
- Finding interns for your business
- Business coaching and consulting services
- Growing your business
- Real estate agencies and agents – residential and commercial
- Movers and storage facilities
- Government regulations and connections
- And more!
Government Relations and Connections
Review your destination and consider important (mandatory) government related tasks before moving to San Diego East County.
- City of El Cajon
- City of Lemon Grove
- City of La Mesa
- City of Santee
- City of Poway
- Community of Alpine
- Community of Borrego Springs
- Community of Campo/Lake Morena/Mountain Empire
- Community of Julian
- Community of Ramona
- Community of Lakeside
- Community of Jamul/Dulzura/Rancho San Diego
- County of San Diego representing unicorporated communities
- San Diego County Recorder’s Office – register to vote
- State of California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) – register your vehicle and obtain a new driver’s license at the
- IRS – Tax information
- United States Post Office
- City of San Diego Development Services – information and forms on residential and commercial zoning and
building permits in San Diego City.
- County of San Diego Animal Services – information on obtaining a pet license in San Diego and other pet ownership requirements.
Budgeting For Your move
See the home moving section for planning and budgeting guidance.