A Government Advocacy Series Sponsored by:
Featuring high profile speakers who significantly impact the San Diego and East County business community, this breakfast or luncheon series is an excellent opportunity to make an impression on the region’s business leaders.
- 8:30 am – 10:00 am or 12:00 pm (noon) – 1:30 pm unless indicated
- $15 Per Person -must be a member of San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce
- RSVP’s REQUIRED – SEATING IS LIMITED
- Breakfast or Lunch Provided
Issues addressed can include those experienced by business and community when interacting with government entities.
- Managing government relations
- Understanding government and business relations
- Government relations PR (public relations)
- How to leverage business relationships with officials
- Influencing local government to streamline permitting process
- Business permitting processes
Thursday, July 18, 2019 from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm (LUNCH)
Dine and Dialogue with Gillespie Field’s Airport Manager Cathe Johnson.
Lunch provided by:
Cathe Johnson is the Airport Manager for the County of San Diego Airports Division, responsible for managing Gillespie Field, Agua Caliente, Jacumba and Ocotillo Airports. Cathe has over 14 years of experience in Airport Management, Flight School Management and Airport Operations. In addition to being a Certificated Commercial Pilot, Cathe also has an associate degree in Aviation Management, is an active member with the American Association of Airport Executives completing the Advanced Airport Safety and Operations Specialist School and recently received her certification in Human Resources Management from UCSD.
Managing 4 airports for the County of San Diego is an exciting challenge which Cathe truly enjoys. FAA statistical data shows Gillespie Field as the 40th busiest airport in the U.S. in 2018 with over 200,000 operations as a General Aviation reliever airport.