16th Annual Women In Leadership Luncheon
September 28, 2018 at the Town and Country Resort Hotel – San Diego
The 16th Annual Women In Leadership Luncheon (WILL) was held at the Town and Country Hotel in Mission Valley on Friday, September 28th from 11:30am – 2:00pm.
- Individual Ticket: $75
- Table of 10: $750
- Sponsorship opportunities starting at $500! (see below)
Ticket sales are closed for 2018.
Notable women throughout the region will be recognized at the event and the most outstanding nominees will be selected as the 2018 WILL Awardees. Nominees are San Diego County residents who have demonstrated exemplary character, integrity and outstanding leadership, not only in their field, but in their community. Previous awardees include Gaslamp Quarter entrepreneur Ingrid Croce; District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis; prominent San Diego businesswoman, Patti Roscoe; CEO of Girl Scouts San Diego, Jo Dee Jacob; and San Diego’s former First Lady, Rana Sampson. It will be an event to remember, recognizing new awardees who have made a lasting impact in our community.
Congratulations to the 2018 Women in Leadership Nominees & Awardees! Thank you to all who nominated an outstanding woman!
2018 WILL Awardees:
- Kathryn Cloward – CEO, Kandon Unlimited, Inc.
- Kristin Dreesen – Young Lives Director, East County Young Life
- Laura Koval – Director of Park & Recreation, Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve
- Fary Moini – CEO, Moini International Consulting & Member, La Jolla Golden Triangle Rotary Club
- Bethany Warren, LCSW (Michele Tarbet Award) – Psychotherapist and President, Postpartum Health Alliance
- Lucia Washburn – Director, Student Support Services/Alternative Education at Grossmont Union High School District
Thank you to our Keynote Speaker:
Fanny Miller, CEO & President of El Latino Newspaper
Fanny Miller is the CEO & President of El Latino Newspaper in San Diego, the number 1 Hispanic Newspaper in San Diego and the largest Spanish-language newspaper owned by a Latina in California.
Ms. Miller founded El Latino in 1988 to serve the news and information needs of the San Diego Hispanic Community. El Latino has more than 806,000 monthly readers. El Latino is a trusted brand that seeks to contribute to the success and well being of Hispanics in San Diego County.
Fanny Miller has been recognized numerous times by the community and national organizations for her achievement in Hispanic publishing and business. Some of Fanny Miller’s recognitions include:
- Hispanic Heritage Award in the Business category – Assembly member Shirley N. Weber
- Women Who Mean Business – San Diego Business Journal
- Entrepreneur of the Year – San Diego Magazine
- Hispanic Marketing Lifetime Achievement Award — San Diego AD Club
Thank you to our 2018 WILL Sponsors:
Thank you for your Support!
Questions? Contact Event Director, Rosemary Reed: email@example.com / 619-440-6161