“We The People”… Election Year 2018
Endorsements and Recommended Positions:
- Lemon Grove City Council – Jerry Jones – YES!
- El Cajon Mayor – Bill Wells – YES!
- El Cajon City Council – Gary Kendrick – YES!
- Santee City Council – Ronn Hall – YES!
- Santee City Council – Laura Koval – YES!
- Santee City Council – Rob McNelis – YES!
- La Mesa City Council – Guy McWhirter – YES!
- La Mesa City Council – Bill Baber – YES!
- Helix Water District – Dan McMillan – YES!
- Prop 10 – OPPOSE “Local Rent Control Initiative” – An initiated state statute that would repeal the Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act (Costa-Hawkins), thus allowing local governments to adopt rent control ordinances—regulations that govern how much landlords can charge tenants for renting apartments and houses. Proposition 10 would also state that a local government’s rent control ordinance shall not abridge a fair rate of return for landlords.
- Prop 5 – SUPPORT “Property Tax Transfer Initiative” – Allows homeowners 55 and older to transfer their tax assessment to a new home.
- Prop 11 – SUPPORT “EMS Safety and Preparedness Act”, allows ambulance drivers and paramedics to leave breaks to respond to emergencies and saves millions of dollars in additional labor costs.
- Prop 6 – SUPPORT “Repeal of future Gas and Vehicle Taxes and 2017 Tax Repeal Imitative” – Repeals the gas and diesel tax increases and vehicle fees that were enacted in 2017 and requires voter approval for fuel tax and vehicle fee increases in the future.
Workplace Compliance Posters – Order your new posters by clicking below, FREE for members!
“Your Chamber, Your Voice”
As the leading voice for business, the Chamber is committed to making San Diego East County the most business-friendly region in California, where businesses can succeed and grow while creating jobs, supporting infrastructure, and enriching our communities.
How to use the Chamber to make your voice and your vote be heard. Become empowered!
- Join us at our monthly Government Affairs and Infrastructure Land Use Committee Meetings every 4th Tuesday of the Month at 7:30am at the Chamber Business Resource Center, 201 S. Magnolia Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020
- Email the chamber with your business concerns related to policies, ordinances & law at firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego Cities and Unincorporated Communities – Contacts
Links to help get you to the local city government official(s) with whom you want to speak.
- City of El Cajon
- City of Lemon Grove
- City of La Mesa
- City of Santee
- City of Poway
- Community of Alpine
- Community of Borrego Springs
- Community of Campo/Lake Morena/Mountain Empire
- Community of Julian
- Community of Ramona
- Community of Lakeside
- Community of Jamul/Dulzura/Rancho San Diego
- County of San Diego representing unincorporated communities