CLICK HERE FOR LEADERSHIP APPLICATION for 2019-2020
Leadership East County Program
Great Opportunity for Emerging Leaders!
The mission of the Leadership East County Program is to utilize the unique perspective, experience and talent of its participants to identify, mentor and prepare the East County leaders of tomorrow with these goals:
- Identify and motivate current and emerging leaders committed to the betterment of East County.
- Acquaint participants with East County’s assets, needs and challenges.
- Provide a forum to promote, provoke, discuss, and resolve challenges with experienced community leaders.
- Encourage and promote active community involvement, whether it be strong business leaders, through public service, non-profit organizations, or volunteerism – persons who make a difference in the community.
- Increase personal awareness and confidence.
Together you and your group will have the opportunity to make a difference in our community. Discuss with your teammates a topic that holds a special interest as you collectively develop a project that can have a positive impact in the community. Discover the thrill of working with others in leadership roles as you bring your project to life.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Participants are individuals seeking to enhance their leadership skills, involvement, and knowledge of the community. You should be willing to contribute your individual talents to the betterment of the East County community and make a thorough commitment to the philosophy of the program.
- Program begins in August
- Meets once a month – Every Second Friday (with a few exceptions due to Holidays)
- One day a month: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, plus a day and a half overnight retreat
- Monthly attendance required
- Graduation in June
- Class locations vary according to subject matter
Be a Member of The Best Class!
2019-2020 Program Schedule:
8/23 – Orientation
9/13 – Economy
10/11 – Human Services
11/8 – Justice Day
12/13 – Education
1/10-11 – Retreat
2/14 – Government & Safety
3/13 – Health Care
4/17 – Regional Collaboration
5/8 – Culture & Diversity
6/12 – Future Vision Project Presentations and Graduation
- Leadership Dynamics
- Culture & Diversity
- The Justice System
- The Leadership Retreat
- Regional Collaboration
- Human Services
- Health Care
- Government & Safety
- Future Vision
A limited amount of financial aid may be available.
For More Information: Contact the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce at 619-440-6161 or email us at email@example.com
Leadership East County Alumni
Become a part of a 25+ year tradition, the Leadership Alumni. Enjoy special discounts at Alumni Events, share information about your vision project, and join the exclusive Facebook page to stay connected with fellow LEC Alumni!